- This event has passed.
Pick your own sunflowers – MFR Cash for Kids
August 15 - August 30£5
This is a self led on farm experience but we ask that you please book a time slot so that we can ensure everyone has plenty space to enjoy their time at the farm whilst maintaining social distancing. Tickets are for car parking and therefore charged per car, not per person. We ask that you pay a donation for the sunflowers you pick through our just giving website at the end of your trip (suggested donnation is £1/stem). We ask that you please follow current Scottish COVID guidelines and if you live in any Lock down areas or have visited any of the affected premises in the last 14 days that you do not attend this event.
We decided to grow sunflowers as a pick your own option to make people smile through these difficult times. The cheery yellow flowers always make me smile and if they can make others smile too as they are growing in our fields then we have helped out in some way. We would like people to be able to experience a walk in the countryside to take some of these cheery blooms home for themselves in return for a donation to MFR Cash For Kids appeal. The money raised will put a smile on even more peoples faces – A double smile creator!
- The sunflowers are grown in strips along the edges of our fields at Byres Farm. We ask that you bring your own scissors or Secateurs to cut your stems. Not all the flowers are in full bloom but if you pick them in bud and put them in a vase of water they should bloom at home.
- You will have to walk through fields in order to get to the sunflowers and the ground will be uneven and therefore stout footwear should be worn and it is unfortunately not suitable for wheelchairs or pushchairs.
- In order to adhere to all current COVID policies, Byres Farm facilities (inc toilets, animal petting and play areas) are currently closed and it is just self service pick your own Sunflowers.
- Sunflowers are grown in a number of separate strips throughout the farm so you can decide on how far you want to walk!
- There will be a box of maps at the carpark to show you where the sunflowers are growing and how to get to them.
This is a self service and honesty scheme and we ask that you please give generously to this fantastic cause. Donations can be made via our just giving page https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/byres-sunflowers